A delayed post as its taken me a week to process the last appointment we had. As I mentioned, we had the anatomy scan last week and low and behold everything was looking "on track for a normal pregnancy". Thats a phrase I don't really understand!
We took nanna (my mum) along to the scan as she has never before seen the ultrasound technology in action and the little man did not fail to impress with his constant acrobats and performing!
The little guy was even measuring 2 days ahead.. something that we had never experienced with Matilda. He moves so much more than she ever did that in hindsight I'm not surprised that she was not a well little baby in the end. In contrast, he looks like his movements are stronger and that he actually has the energy to move. Following this appointment I was both happy and sad, happy that cashew is doing so well and sad that it was just misinformation about my medication that meant our little girl wouldn't make it.
Dr C even gave us a refined due date window.. he suggested that this little one may make its appearance between 32 and 38 weeks. Not bad considering he initially thought the best case scenario would be delivery at 32 weeks. Ive been told I can stay at work until 26 weeks and if things are still progressing nicely and i feel up to it, then I can keep working until 30 weeks.
We were brave enough to venture into a baby store this weekend.. for the first time since Matilda was born.. we didnt buy anything but i think making it through the doors and actually talking about things we need to think about getting was a good small step forward.
There is no change to my medication as yet as the placenta continues to look good. next appointment is at 21 weeks.
I think i might actually be happy/calm for the first time in this pregnancy... still need to get past the next two weeks though...
So glad to hear things are looking good. I've been able to look at some baby stuff recently as well - I think in some ways, having a boy makes it a bit easier because I still feel so sad looking at little girl things.
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed your little guy can stay in there until close to 38 weeks.
Maddie x