I thought a post regarding my sludge blood was appropriate in case any other baby lost mothers stop by with the same condition.
Our first born child, Matilda was born prematurely on the 5th of August 2009, due to my antiphospholipid antibody syndrome. Matilda develop IUGR due to the large number of clots that developed in her placenta. While I was aware of my condition, the doctors believed I was on the best medication regime at that stage. I was taking 100mg of Clexane (lovenox) once daily for the course of my pregnancy.
Towards the end of Matilda's life i was transferred into the care of Dr C, a maternofetal specialist who agreed to see us with any future pregnancies. He has dealt with difficult patients (like me) before and has had success so heres hoping he has some more up his sleeve!
Dr C has put me on a regime of 80mg of Clexane twice a day - 12 hours apart, as well as 3000mg of fish oil, as well as 150mg of low dose asprin - all these three are essentially blood thinners with the asprin crossing the placenta to ensure no clots form in there. In addition im taking pregnancy vitamins and folate.
So far the placenta and baby are both doing well and so i have to stay positive and hope that my little angel is looking over us.
With the twins I did the lovenox twice a day with baby aspirin as well :)
ReplyDelete