Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Week 29+30

Week 29 was kinda uneventful... with the exception of it being my last week at work.. unfortunately i was struck down with the dreaded man flu for the second time this year and am still not allowed to take much in terms of cold and flu medication to keep it under control.. so i ended up taking a few days off work and missed out on saying bye to alot of people - which i am secretly grateful for! I did have a nice lunch at the pup (no i had no beer) with a few close friends on my last day and was given a lovely bunch of presents from everyone at work.. i actually found it hard to believe that this is me currently sitting here on leave awaiting the arrival of this little guy.. like actually waiting to bring him home..

We had an appointment with the specialist on tuesday and everything is still looking good.. and he still only wants to see me every two weeks - i'd really prefer if he wanted to see me every week because it would mean that i wouldnt have to wait as long between seeing the shew. and i guess i might be freaking out a bit less..

Week 30, I have been struck down hard by the cold this week and consequently the little fella has also been quiet.. this resulted in a trip to the maternal assessment unit at the hospital where we were strapped onto a monitor for the afternoon and got to listen to his heart beat and kicking..

Grandma and grandpa are also visiting us from interstate and they are very excited about the arrival of this little guy.. i think every one is really! accept maybe the furbies who have been taking all the changes in the house over the past week a little harshly!

i went to the GP today to find out if my cold was anything more than a cold and he suspects its a virus but has given me some antibiotics in case it gets worse over the weekend.. im not sure what to do.. do i take them and potentially upset the cashew or do i keep couching and spluttering and upset the cashew that way... hmmm... i am sick of couching and spluttering and add to that, everytime i blow my nose i end up with a blood nose from my blood thinners...

in other news.. i has seen the first signs of stretch marks this week.. i know this is a good thing because it means the little guy is getting bigger! excellent news!

1 comment:

  1. You are nearly there, Lana. I'm so excited for you. With my pregnancy with Brodie the woman who took over my job gave me bronchitis while I was training her. I was away for 2 weeks, came back to work with 1 week to go, and then on my last day at work my OB discovered I had a liver condition and I nearly didn't get to say 'bye' to anyone. I ended up going back to work that day instead of going for my blood test - my OB wasn't very happy with me when he found out.

    I had to take antibiotics when I was pregnant with Brodie otherwise the bronchitis was never going to clear up.

    When I was pregnant with Kyle I couldn't wait to leave work. It was getting really hard going to work and then coming home and taking care of Brodie. My husband does just arvo shift so all the night time duties is left to just me and toddlers can be difficult to get to bed. I wasn't getting into bed until after 11pm most nights on the days I worked. Oh my gosh, this has turned into a mini story.

    I've got everything crossed for you that the last stages of pregnancy go well for you. Looking forward to hearing of a wonderful birth story soon.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete